Saturday, April 11, 2009

Lily's Surgery

Hi Everyone,
Lily's surgery went really well. The doctor said that her eye muscles moved easily and he felt good about things. She now has a very bloodshot eye and her eyelids are swollen. She's been more irritable than normal so I think her eye is bothering her. She also hates the eye drops that we have to put in three times a day. I have to sit on her and hold her head between my knees and she kicks and screams and squeezes her eye shut as hard as she can. Fortunately for her, she has a very stubborn mother who persists until the job is done. She is much too young to realize that without these drops her eye won't heal as fast and she could get an infection. However, she is old enough to start screaming when she sees me come with the eye drops. Smart kid. :)

2 comments:

jamesrivergirl said...

Sounds like you're getting a workout 3 times a day! I'm glad it went well; hope her eye heals quickly. (I'd hate getting eyedrops too.) And, YES, it is fortunate that you're her mom! Good job, keep it up.

Amy said...

YAY! I'm SO glad it went well! Poor Lily, and poor you, having to wrestle her to put the eyedrops in. We love you, Lily!