Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School Days

Ollie had his first day of school on Monday! He was very excited!! He was nervous about things for a few weeks before. Every time he told me something that he was nervous about we talked about it.
The night before school started he suddenly got upset and said, "What if my teacher asks me to draw a guitar? I've never drawn a guitar before." He really thought he needed to practise drawing a guitar. Spencer and I just chuckled and then assured him that his teacher was not going to ask him to draw a guitar on the first day of school.
Monday morning we woke him up and he was just super excited! He was all ready to go and learn. We all went to the school to drop him off. Aunt Ellen was also able to come which pleased Ollie. We walked him into the school to his classroom. He just walked right in. I had to tell him to come back out because I wanted a picture in front of his classroom. Then he want back in and just smiled at me and said, "Bye" in a very cheerful voice.



Our family in front of Ollie's classroom.



Ollie with Aunt Ellen.



Ollie in front of the flag pole.


When I picked Ollie up Monday afternoon he was very disappointed. I asked him what he did at school... He told me that all they did was learn rules and they "didn't do math or anything." I think he was expecting it to be more academic. On Tuesday he liked it a little better. He told me they didn't spend as much time learning rules but he couldn't tell me what they did do???? Trying to get information out of a little boy is like pulling teeth! He does really like PE and he wishes that he could read books during their rest time. I'm sure once he makes friends he will have more fun. :)

7 comments:

Lara's blog said...

LOL. You can see the excitement in his little body in all of the pics. :) Too cute!!

chiara family said...

Hey Shreanne..

We talked about Lily while she was getting her hair cut and I think it made it more special to think about someone that she new. You guys are an inspiration(:

We miss ya

chiara family said...

p.s


ahh school...they are so excited to spread their wings and I have found that when I cut the cords and let them choose they rise to the occasion.

Stamp With Linz said...

He is one darling little dude. I love that kid. And worried about drawing a guitar is awesome. :) Happy first year, Ollie!!!

The Paynes said...

That's so cute! How is Lily doing on her own?

Lindsey said...

Congrats Ollie! I love the pictures and the nervousness about drawing a guitar. And I'm glad it's going well for him so far. :) Eli doesn't start until after labor day. Congratulations on your pregnancy, too!! So exciting!

Amy said...

I SOOO love his grin in front of the flagpole! What does Lily think of having her playmate gone half the day?