Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New House

Here's some pictures of our new house! We are enjoying having more room. We also love having a yard for the kiddos! We ended up painting every room in the house except for one bathroom. As we picked the colors we went with color. We have lived in places with white walls for so long that we picked lots of color. :)



This is the front of the house.



The baby's room. We painted it yellow and then did one accent wall of big squares. It turned out awesome!



The playroom... two purple walls and two blue walls. The kids picked out the colors for this room, with some guidance from mom.



Ollie's and Lily's room. Bright green walls with blue stripes at the top. They really like it. :)



The living room. Not really sure how to describe the color... I guess it's a brown but with yellow???
We painted the kitchen a light green color (a mistake) and where it meets with the living room walls it reminds me of easter. We will probably repaint at least the kitchen but it will be a while. We are all painted out! We are mostly moved in and unpacked. There are still just a few little things to unpack but mostly we are done. We also haven't hung the pictures yet. That's because of me... as we were getting the walls ready to paint I fixed tons of holes! The last people who lived here hung everything with screws and gaint nails. There were holes everywhere! I spent so much time fixing them all that I want to really know where I want to hang the pictures and not move them a dozen times which would create lots of holes. :)

We had lots of help with moving, cleaning, and painting. Thanks for all our wonderful friends who generously gave of their time to help us! We REALLY appreciate it! We are enjoying our new house. :)

4 comments:

Ben Beck said...

What a cute house! I love the paint job in the baby room. If you get a chance, you should post a blog post about how you did the checker pattern... I would love to do that for Max's room.

Also, we need pics of your sweet backyard! Have you used the pool yet? Or is it too cold?

Love you Stirlands!

Lara's blog said...

Yay, pictures! Thanks for posting them guys. Now I can picture you living in the house. BTW, it looks like a GREAT place and I'm glad you are all settled now and ready for the baby! :)

jamesrivergirl said...

Congrats! That must have been so much work!

Amy said...

Congratulations on your new house guys! I bet it must be so nice to have all of that extra room! I also absolutely LOVE the paint jobin the baby's room, your right, it did turn out really nice!