Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Surfboards

Our kids have been saving all their money for a trampoline.  They saved all their birthday money and Christmas money.  They did lots of extra chores.  They saved for a long time.  They finally earned their trampoline!  They have been loving it.  (pictures soon...)
Spencer and I have been saving our money for a trip to Florida. 
So... the other day I was giving Ollie his allowance and talking with the kids about what they want to save their money for next.  Lily promptly said, "Candy!"  Ollie thought about it for a long time and never came up with anything.  I suggested that maybe they should save it for a trip to Florida (thinking they could buy a souvenir).  A few minutes later I go into the living room and Spencer tells me that the kids have decided they are saving their money to buy surfboards.  Yes, I suppose that surfboards would be fun in Florida.  :)
And no, I don't think we will REALLY be buying surfboards.

2 comments:

Lara's blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lara's blog said...

What?! You won't be buying the kids surfboards to take to Florida? ;) I can just see it now...two adults, 4 kids, all the vaca stuff, and 5 surfboards all crammed into your van. LOL That's awesome you guys are going to FL!!! JEALOUS.