Friday, October 11, 2013

First Day of School

Before school starts we must get out our last minute silliness.
Ollie started third grade.  He thinks that green shirt and green shorts is matching...
Lily was super excited.  She was just beaming.  She was happy she got a new purple shirt.
Lily making a "k" with her body to show she is in kindergarten.
Claire wanted in on the action.
Lily at her table
Ollie at his desk
Ollie started third grade this year.  I can't believe it!  I'm not sure when my little baby boy got so big.  :)  He loves school.  He has Mrs. Parker for reading and social studies and Mrs. Strause for math and science.  Science is his favorite subject.  His favorite color is turquoise because it's a mix of green and blue.  His best friend is Noah.  He loves learning and is very smart.  He always gets straight A's.  He is learning to play the recorder this year in school.  He is learning Karate after school three days a week.  He is still taking piano lessons from Mom.

Lily is loving kindergarten!  Her teacher is Mrs. Dungan.  The school has been great about making accommodations for her and making things work.  The kindergarten rooms have their own bathrooms so she can reach everything.  She goes to the nurse everyday at 1:30 to get her patch on.  She came home one day and told me that she "had two days off."  I asked her what she had two day off of.  She replied that she had two days in a row with no one asking about her patches.  :)  Kids at that age are very accepting so we have not had any problems.  We did lots of practicing with Lily before school about good responses to questions kids might ask (i.e. patches, shoes, height).  Mostly they just ask about the patches.  Lily started the year with her favorite color being purple but now says that it is "clear" (not sure that really counts as a color???).  Her best friends are Katherine and Aiden.  She is taking piano lessons from Mom.

Claire and Katie are enjoying their time at home with Mom (except for right now because they want me to come play).  So I'm off.  Thanks for taking time to read our blog.  :)

3 comments:

Marie said...

Ollie is a GREAT matcher! What goes better together than green and green? They are all so cute and fun! I cant wait to see your trip blogged!

Nathan Beck said...

AH! I miss those cute kids.

Lara's blog said...

I love Ollie's matchy matchy outfit. I just might have to try that myself. ;) What cute kiddos! I'm glad both of the older ones are enjoying school!