Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ollie's Birthday

Ollie had his seventh birthday last month. What a wonderful blessing he is for our family! I remember the day that he was born like it was yesterday. He didn't really even cry when he was born. When they handed him to me he just picked up his head and looked at me. He's a great kid and we love him so very much!!!



Ollie always wants different cakes. This year he wanted a cake to represent the earth and he wanted it to have layers. I thought well that's strange but that's what he got. I did a bottom layer of blue to represent the oceans and a top layer or green to represent the land. He was very happy with it!



He got a giant cardboard play house. He and Lily spent HOURS coloring it. Then they spent HOURS playing in it. It kept them very entertained! Ollie was actually with us when we bought it. When he saw it in the cart his eyes lit up! I wanted it to be a surprise so I told him it was for a sub-for-santa gift. His little face just crumbled but he didn't complain, he just said, "okay." I was so proud of him for acting so good about it so I told him that it was for him but he couldn't have it until his birthday.



He also got several books (mostly read by now) and some swimming stuff. He's been wanting new swim goggles for a while now so he was excited to get that. His sisters got him a real working compass for all his adventures.



To make the day a little more special we had the missionaries over for dinner. Over all it was a wonderful day. Ollie had fun!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Brayden actually had a world cake for his birthday last year--man I wish we lived closer to your family--I think those two would be best buds!

Lara's blog said...

AWW...cute kid! I love the look of glee on his face while he's blowing out his candles. :)