Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Grandparents Visit

Back in Feb. my parents came for a visit. We surprised the kids... they knew that Grandma was coming but they thought that it was going to be later in the week and they didn't know about Grandpa. So, my mom rang the doorbell and I pretended to be busy and asked Ollie to answer the door. The look of shock on his face was great. He just stood there he was so surprised. Lily was surprised but mostly just excited! Claire, of course, had no idea what was going on. Then about 10 minutes later my Dad came and rang the doorbell. Ollie answered the door again and was even more surprised to see Grandpa than he was to see Grandma. He just said, "I can't believe it!" His reaction was great! I wish I had thought to video it! We had several fun days with them! We went to the zoo, the Mammoth site, and Cameron park. Grandpa was also here for his birthday so we got to celebrate with him. Our kids love birthdays so it was extra special! Grandpa had to leave sooner than Grandma but Grandma was able to stay a few more days. She watched the kids so Spencer and I could go out of town for our 10th anniversary. We went over to Tyler, TX to a Blue Man Group concert. It was super fun. It was nice to get away from the kids for a few days. We also went hiking around a lake, went to the rose garden, and the temple in Dallas. My favorite part was being able to talk without interruptions! We had a good trip and visit with my parents!!

No comments: