Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Fun- Week 1

This summer we are not going on vacation to Utah.  It's our first summer not going back.  When we usually go back we are gone for several weeks and it makes summer just fly by.  I was not sure how to entertain three darling children all summer!  After some thought I created a summer fun bag.  Each Sunday we get out our summer fun bag and pick activities for the next week.  Each week we do one activity from each of the following categories:
Field Trip- going somewhere fun
Scripture Story- focusing on one story a week to really help the kids learn it
Extra Chore- something that I've noticed needs to be done but haven't done yet
Ollie- an activity geared for a 7 year old
Lily- an activity geared for a 4 year old
Claire- an activity geared for a toddler
So over the coming weeks you will get to see what fun things we are doing to keep ourselves busy.  :)

Week 1

Claire- Musical Feet Socks
We used fabric marker on some old socks to make smiley faces and then hot glued on some wiggly eyes.  Then we put on our socks and some music and our "happy feet" danced.  The kids LOVED this!


Ollie- Praise Box
We got an old shoe box and he cut a hole in the top.  We decorated it with stickers and coloring.  Now, if we notice someone doing something good then we write it down and put it in the praise box.  We read the comments in the praise box on Sunday afternoon as a family.  We are going to use this box all summer to encourage praiseworthy behavior.


Lily- Water painting
Self explanatory...







Field Trip- Waco Lake
We did this activity on Saturday when Papa was able to come.  The lake is not really someplace I want to go by myself.  :)





Scripture Story- Nephi getting the Brass plates
No pictures... sorry!

Extra Chore- Buy a file cabinet and organize papers
This was a bigger chore than I planned... it took me week one and most of week two.  Now I'm done and my papers are all organized!  No more piles of papers around the house and it should be easy to keep it organized.  :)  The day that I shredded old papers the kids loved!  They had lots of fun playing with the old paper.  Ollie even got to help with the shredding.  It made a HUGE mess and I learned that it's something to only do once in a blue moon or at night after bedtime.  :)
It's hard to see but in the last picture Lily has buried Claire under the paper.
I didn't take and after picture but I now have a two drawer file cabinet that is all organized.




No comments: