Friday, August 23, 2013

Misc. Summer

Summer has kept us super busy! We've had lots of fun and done lots of things. Here's a post of a few things we have done. Enjoy!
One night we had a "mystery" dinner.  I looked at all the leftovers in the fridge and all the random things like the one grapefruit and made a list.  Then I took the list and made up funny names for everything.  I gave each person a list and told them how many items they could have.  It was a big hit!  It will definitely be something that we do again many times.  :)  I did think it was funny that all the kids circles "mini donuts" (aka cheerios) and they thought they were going to get donuts for dinner.
Here's a list (upside down) of the choices.
We made ice cream in bags.  The kids loved this!  They loved each having their own.  It was a huge mess with bags popping open all the time and ice cubes and salt all over...  next time we need Papa home to help us.  Lily was the last one to make hers so I did get a quick picture of her.  We did this to help break the heat the first (of three) time the AC broke this summer.  :)
Someone must have been bored because they arranged the baby food into a nice pyramid. (Ollie)

Claire and I.  When you look at my children they all look like siblings. Every time I see a picture of all of our family I can't help but hear the song, "One of these things is not like the other".  However, Claire looks just like my sister's girls so I must be in there somewhere.
This summer has included lots of trips to the parks.  The kids like to play at different parks and lucky for us there are several good ones that are close.

Lily was trying to do her school work and Katie kept trying to get her book.
Ollie has been working hard in cub scouts.  He earned lots of belt loops this summer.  He is a good big brother...  he really wanted a picture of him and his sisters.  I'm not sure where Katie was ...  The other day someone commented to Ollie about having so many little sisters.  He said, "At least they are not brothers!" 
More food rearranging.  This time by Claire.  She likes to drag a chair over and stack the cans on it.  Whatever happened to just playing with blocks???

More summer later!!!

1 comment:

Nathan Beck said...

Ice cream in a bag! Why haven't I tried that one yet.